This is a fantastic place with great food. The owners has put in a lot of work in the details here and you will find a warm and welcoming atmosphere. In addition, they are located strategically for exploring the nature in this part of Minas Gerais. You can easily get here by bus from Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, or by car. This is a place you should not miss!
My wife and I spent a week here in December, 2012. We chose to stay here because we wanted somewhere that was cozy, quaint, and warm. This pousada was fantastic and very welcoming and made us truly enjoy our trip to Delfim Moreira.
Here are things that stand out:
- The pousada feels like being in a home. It is very cozy and you feel comfortable inside.
- They pousada interior is really interesting and unique. For example, there is a telescope with an observatory so you can look at the moon and stars.
- They make homemade dinner and lunch everyday with fresh ingredients, with a specialty in Italian cuisine and pasta. The food was amazing.
- They rooms are good size, and the bed and bathroom are very clean.
- The town of Delfim Moreira is really small and the location of the pousada is right about the central square. The pousada is a great starting point to explore the waterfalls around the town.
I would recommend any traveller in Minas Gerais to spend a day or two in Delfim Moreira and experience the region and this pousada.